An ancient watch tower known as Mucklaberry Castle was restored in the 1890s by the island's owner, the Yorkshire mill-owner Herbert Anderton. Anderton also built Vaila Hall in 1895.
Uploaded to Geograph by Rude Health on 4 June 2013
Photo © Rude Health , 4 June 2013.
Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence
BritishPlaceNames.uk is a Good Stuff website.