Y Bont-Faen, Vale of Glamorgan


Town Hall blue plaque, Cowbridge

Uploader's Comments

The blue plaque on the town hall http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3434155 states that the building dates from 1806, built as a house of correction on the site of an earlier prison. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary defines a house of correction as an institution where vagrants and minor offenders were confined and set to work.

Uploaded to Geograph by Jaggery on 19 January 2012

Creative Commons License Photo © Jaggery, 19 January 2012. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence

Photo Navigator

BritishPlaceNames.uk is a Good Stuff website.