The nave is C11 and around 1200 the aisles were added. The chancel was added a short time after and in C15 the south chapel and tower were added. The church was heavily restored in 1861 when the north aisle was completely rebuilt. The windows and doors were repaired and altered and the organ chamber and north vestry were added. See http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/herts/vol3/pp29-33#h3-0009 for further details.
Uploaded to Geograph by Bikeboy on 4 May 2015