This property was built in 1840 for the then Lord Aberdeen, reputedly to house his mistress, but ostensibly as a summer seaside residence. It was designed by the architect John Smith.
Uploaded to Geograph by Iain Smith on 30 October 2010
Photo © Iain Smith, 30 October 2010.
Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence
BritishPlaceNames.uk is a Good Stuff website.