The 1st edition OS six map, which was surveyed in 1878, shows an unroofed building here and also a nearby field wall, which can still be identified on the ground.
Uploaded to Geograph by Claire Pegrum on 12 September 2014
Photo © Claire Pegrum, 12 September 2014.
Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence
BritishPlaceNames.uk is a Good Stuff website.