Gartmorn dam dates back to 1713, and was created at the instigation of Sir John Erskine, 6th earl of Mar as a source of power for the water wheel-driven pumps at his Sauchie coal mines.
Uploaded to Geograph by Euan Nelson on 10 July 2011
Photo © Euan Nelson, 10 July 2011.
Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons licence
BritishPlaceNames.uk is a Good Stuff website.