Kit-built fingerpost made out of standard components. Does not carry the traditional circular top of a Kesteven County Council road sign. Local verbal history has it that the original sign was removed by the Home Guard as part of the defence plans for Britain during the second world war, and very likely went to a scrap drive. This one was erected following the end of hostilities, but is unlikely to be any more recent than 1950. It was probably erected by the Parish Council, rather than the county.
Uploaded to Geograph by Bob Harvey on 3 July 2016