Badminton, South Gloucestershire
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Badminton is a village in South Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Badminton
- Parish/Community: Badminton
- Unitary Authority: South Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°32'33"N 2°17'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 380298, 182679
- OS Grid: ST802826
- Mapcode Local: GBR 0NN.BYT
- Mapcode Global: VH95W.BHM7
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Badminton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Badminton in the Domesday Book
A village in Grimboldestou hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edric the sheriff
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Arnulf of Hesdin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Arnulf of Hesdin
- Taxable Value: 4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £10 in 1066; £10 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 8 smallholders; 9 slaves; 1 priest
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 13 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 8 acres