We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Wheatenhurst is a settlement in Gloucestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Whitminster
- District/Borough: Stroud
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°46'28"N 2°20'31"W
- Eastings/Northings: 376500, 208500
- OS Grid: SO765085
- Mapcode Local: GBR 0KP.NQK
- Mapcode Global: VH94P.CN7D
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Wheatenhurst within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Wheatenhurst in the Domesday Book
A village in Blachelaue hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictric of Newton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Brictric of Newton
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Harding son of Alnoth (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 6 smallholders; 3 slaves; 1 priest
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 5 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Mills: 1, value 10 shillings