We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Wellisford is a settlement in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Thorne St Margaret
- Parish/Community: Wellington Without
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°59'8"N 3°17'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 309500, 121500
- OS Grid: ST095215
- Mapcode Local: GBR LS.L25G
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36ZH.ZRH
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Wellisford within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Wellisford in the Domesday Book
A village in Milverton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thanes, two
- Tenants in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain; Robert of Auberville
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Bretel de Sancto Claro (subinfeudated); Robert of Auberville
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 8 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 3 acres
- Pasture: 10 acres
- Animals in 1086: 18 cattle; 3 pigs; 1 cob