We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Wearne is a village in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Huish Episcopi
- District/Borough: South Somerset
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°2'57"N 2°49'5"W
- Eastings/Northings: 342735, 128086
- OS Grid: ST427280
- Mapcode Local: GBR MF.G1T5
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46ZB.XGJ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Wearne within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Wearne in the Domesday Book
A village in Somerton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Robert of Auberville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert of Auberville
- Taxable Value: 5⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 smallholder; 1 slave
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle