We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Turweston is a village in Buckinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Turweston
- District/Borough: Aylesbury Vale
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°2'5"N 1°7'28"W
- Eastings/Northings: 460148, 237733
- OS Grid: SP601377
- Mapcode Local: GBR 8VT.JG9
- Mapcode Global: VHCWK.G39Y
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Turweston within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Turweston in the Domesday Book
A village in Stotfold hundred,
in the county of Buckinghamshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wynsi the chamberlain
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Feugères
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William of Feugères
- Taxable Value: 5 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1066; £4 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 6 villagers; 4 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 5 men's ploughs (8 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 ploughs
- Mills: 1, value 7/4¾