We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Trewoon is a village in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Trewoon
- Parish/Community: St. Mewan
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°20'25"N 4°49'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 199518, 52742
- OS Grid: SW995527
- Mapcode Local: GBR ZV.ZPJW
- Mapcode Global: FRA 08S4.JGN
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Trewoon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Trewoon in the Domesday Book
A village in Tybesta hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictmer of Rillaton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Hamelin of Cornwall (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 7 shillings in 1086
- Households: 5 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1⁄2 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Pasture: 1 league
- Animals in 1086: 5 cattle; 4 pigs; 10 goats