We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Tremail is a village in Cornwall
- Parish/Community: Davidstow
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°38'57"N 4°36'3"W
- Eastings/Northings: 216224, 86527
- OS Grid: SX162865
- Mapcode Local: GBR N8.8D07
- Mapcode Global: FRA 177C.CC3
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Tremail within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Tremail in the Domesday Book
A village in Stratton hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Overlord in 1066: Canons of Bodmin St Petroc
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aiulf of Tremail
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Canons of Bodmin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Count of Mortain (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 6 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 1 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Pasture: 100 acres
- Animals in 1086: 15 cattle