We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Trelowth is a village in Polgooth, Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Polgooth
- Parish/Community: St. Mewan
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°19'23"N 4°49'40"W
- Eastings/Northings: 198799, 50845
- OS Grid: SW987508
- Mapcode Local: GBR ZW.0M5B
- Mapcode Global: FRA 08S5.T2T
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Trelowth within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Trelowth in the Domesday Book
A village in Tybesta hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Turstin the sheriff (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 5/- in 1070; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 6 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Woodland: 20 acres
- Pasture: 300 acres
- Animals in 1086: 2 cows; 2 pigs; 10 goats