We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Tonge is a village in Leicestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Breedon on the Hill
- District/Borough: North West Leicestershire
- County: Leicestershire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°48'18"N 1°22'49"W
- Eastings/Northings: 441873, 323256
- OS Grid: SK418232
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7HV.5TX
- Mapcode Global: WHDHF.RRWB
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Tonge within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Tonge in the Domesday Book
A village in Goscote hundred,
in the county of Leicestershire.
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Henry of Ferrers
- Taxable Value: 21 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1070; £6 in 1086
- Households: 27 villagers; 8 smallholders; 2 freemen
- Plough Teams: 13 men's ploughs (11 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Woodland: 1 league