We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Thornhill is a village in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Broad Town
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°30'24"N 1°53'11"W
- Eastings/Northings: 407969, 178647
- OS Grid: SU079786
- Mapcode Local: GBR 3TK.HTR
- Mapcode Global: VHB3R.7DZ9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Thornhill within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Thornhill in the Domesday Book
A village in Kingsbridge hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Strami
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William son of Ansculf
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William son of Ansculf
- Taxable Value: 7 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £5 in 1070; £5 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 5 smallholders; 5 other households
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 11 acres
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Pasture: 2 furlongs
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings