We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Thornfalcon is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Thornfalcon
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°0'30"N 3°1'35"W
- Eastings/Northings: 328075, 123734
- OS Grid: ST280237
- Mapcode Local: GBR M4.JP23
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46KG.0Q5
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Thornfalcon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Thornfalcon in the Domesday Book
A village in North Curry hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Ansger the Breton (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 6 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £3 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 4 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 2 acres
- Animals in 1086: 8 cattle; 7 pigs