We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Thickwood is a village in Wiltshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Colerne
- Unitary Authority: Wiltshire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°27'4"N 2°15'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 382191, 172498
- OS Grid: ST821724
- Mapcode Local: GBR 1R0.S2B
- Mapcode Global: VH968.TS9C
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Thickwood within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Thickwood in the Domesday Book
A village in Chippenham hundred,
in the county of Wiltshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Swein
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Edward of Salisbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Gilbert (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 6 other households
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (2 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Pasture: 3 acres