We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Southcote is a suburban area in Reading, Reading
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Reading
- Parish/Community: Reading, unparished area
- Unitary Authority: Reading
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°26'33"N 1°0'24"W
- Eastings/Northings: 469133, 171983
- OS Grid: SU691719
- Mapcode Local: GBR QCL.09
- Mapcode Global: VHDWS.HZNZ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Southcote within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Southcote in the Domesday Book
A village in Reading hundred,
in the county of Berkshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Brictward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Braose
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William of Braose
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1066; £5 in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 8 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Mills: 1, value 18 shillings
- Other resources: 1 fishery