Skelton, Redcar and Cleveland
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Skelton is a town in Skelton , Redcar and Cleveland
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Skelton
- Parish/Community: Skelton and Brotton
- Unitary Authority: Redcar and Cleveland
- Region: North East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Town
- Latitude/Longitude: 54°33'39"N 0°59'1"W
- Eastings/Northings: 465817, 518885
- OS Grid: NZ658188
- Mapcode Local: GBR PHKP.TT
- Mapcode Global: WHF87.VMRD
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Skelton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Skelton in the Domesday Book
A village in Langbaurgh hundred,
in the county of Yorkshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Uhtred
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard of Sourdeval (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 13 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; 16 shillings in 1086
- Households: 12 villagers
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 men's ploughs (7 plough lands)
- Meadow: 20 acres
- Woodland: 2 mixed measures