We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Singleborough is a hamlet in Buckinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Great Horwood
- District/Borough: Aylesbury Vale
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°58'51"N 0°53'5"W
- Eastings/Northings: 476680, 231970
- OS Grid: SP766319
- Mapcode Local: GBR BZC.R38
- Mapcode Global: VHDTB.MG0S
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Singleborough within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Singleborough in the Domesday Book
A village in Mursley hundred,
in the county of Buckinghamshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edward the noble
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Walter Giffard
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter of Bec (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 6 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1066; £4 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 4 villagers; 4 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (6 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 ploughs
- Woodland: 40 pigs