We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Shalcombe is a hamlet in Isle of Wight
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Calbourne
- Unitary Authority: Isle of Wight
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°40'9"N 1°26'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 439601, 85649
- OS Grid: SZ396856
- Mapcode Local: GBR 796.VYF
- Mapcode Global: FRA 77W9.LFM
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Shalcombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Shalcombe in the Domesday Book
A village in Bowcombe hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwin Frost
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Church of Carisbrooke
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Church of Carisbrooke
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £4 in 1066; £3 in 1086
- Households: 1 smallholder
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (2 plough lands)