We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Saxtead is a hamlet in Suffolk
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Saxtead
- District/Borough: Suffolk Coastal
- County: Suffolk
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°14'35"N 1°17'48"E
- Eastings/Northings: 625179, 265691
- OS Grid: TM251656
- Mapcode Local: GBR VM2.BPM
- Mapcode Global: VHL9X.FWH5
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Saxtead within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Saxtead in the Domesday Book
A village in Bishop's hundred,
in the county of Suffolk.
- Overlord in 1066: Aelmer
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Burghard of Mendlesham
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Hugh
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Earl Hugh
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Households: 11 villagers; 5 smallholders
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 200 pigs