We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Rosecare is a hamlet in Cornwall
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: St. Gennys
- Unitary Authority: Cornwall
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°44'0"N 4°35'57"W
- Eastings/Northings: 216676, 95883
- OS Grid: SX166958
- Mapcode Local: GBR N8.30FS
- Mapcode Global: FRA 1784.L17
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Rosecare within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Rosecare in the Domesday Book
A village in Stratton hundred,
in the county of Cornwall.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edwy
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Berner of Hornacott (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 7/4¾ in 1070; 7/4¾ in 1086
- Households: 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough (2 plough lands)
- Pasture: 5 acres
- Animals in 1086: 5 cattle