We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Riddlecombe is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Ashreigney
- District/Borough: Torridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°54'30"N 3°58'46"W
- Eastings/Northings: 260915, 113972
- OS Grid: SS609139
- Mapcode Local: GBR KV.R1N5
- Mapcode Global: FRA 26KP.TP9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Riddlecombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Riddlecombe in the Domesday Book
A village in North Tawton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Gotshelm brother of Walter of Claville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Gotshelm brother of Walter of Claville
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 7 villagers; 4 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 3 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 140 acres
- Pasture: 150 acres
- Animals in 1086: 20 cattle; 18 pigs; 1 cob