We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Rawridge is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Upottery
- District/Borough: East Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°51'11"N 3°8'5"W
- Eastings/Northings: 320210, 106566
- OS Grid: ST202065
- Mapcode Local: GBR LZ.VKMP
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46BV.6JP
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Rawridge within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Rawridge in the Domesday Book
A village in Axminster hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfeva of Norton
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Canons of Rouen
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Canons of Rouen
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £70 in 1086
- Households: 20 villagers; 8 smallholders; 4 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 10 men's ploughs (12 plough lands)
- Meadow: 20 acres
- Woodland: 1⁄2 hide
- Animals in 1086: 20 cattle; 30 goats