We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Raddon is a settlement in Devon
- Parish/Community: Thorverton
- District/Borough: Mid Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°48'10"N 3°32'27"W
- Eastings/Northings: 291500, 101500
- OS Grid: SS915015
- Mapcode Local: GBR LF.YQQV
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36GZ.48N
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Raddon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Raddon in the Domesday Book
A village in Silverton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Edward the priest
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William the usher
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William the usher
- Taxable Value: 5⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; £1 5/- in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Pasture: 11 acres
- Animals in 1086: 11 cattle; 1 cob
Meadow: 13 acres
Pasture: 50 acres
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Wulfmer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Tavistock
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William the usher (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 5 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 men's plough (2 plough lands)