We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Poleshill is a settlement in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Bathealton
- District/Borough: Taunton Deane
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°0'12"N 3°18'19"W
- Eastings/Northings: 308500, 123500
- OS Grid: ST085235
- Mapcode Local: GBR LR.K4FJ
- Mapcode Global: FRA 36ZG.D2D
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Poleshill within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Poleshill in the Domesday Book
A village in Milverton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Wulfric; Thane, one
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William of Mohun
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Dodman (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 12/4¾ in 1070; 12/4¾ in 1086
- Households: 1 slave
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 20 acres
- Animals in 1086: 1 cow