We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Pightley is a hamlet in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Spaxton
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°7'1"N 3°6'26"W
- Eastings/Northings: 322587, 135907
- OS Grid: ST225359
- Mapcode Local: GBR M1.9SPB
- Mapcode Global: VH7DN.353W
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Pightley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Pightley in the Domesday Book
A village in Cannington hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Almer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roger of Courseulles
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Geoffrey of Vautortes (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 4 smallholders; 5 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs (4 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Pasture: 6 acres
- Animals in 1086: 4 cattle; 20 goats