We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Patchole is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Kentisbury Ford
- Parish/Community: Kentisbury
- District/Borough: North Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°10'1"N 3°59'4"W
- Eastings/Northings: 261348, 142759
- OS Grid: SS613427
- Mapcode Local: GBR KV.6LDZ
- Mapcode Global: VH4MD.WXDL
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Patchole within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Patchole in the Domesday Book
A village in Braunton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Ednoth
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Bishop of Coutances
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Drogo son of Mauger (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £2 in 1086
- Households: 9 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 1⁄2 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 3 acres
- Animals in 1086: 8 cattle; 9 pigs; 16 goats