We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Palterton is a village in Derbyshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Scarcliffe
- District/Borough: Bolsover
- County: Derbyshire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 53°12'39"N 1°17'28"W
- Eastings/Northings: 447428, 368437
- OS Grid: SK474684
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7BY.QBK
- Mapcode Global: WHDFK.4KC9
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Palterton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Palterton in the Domesday Book
A village in Scarsdale hundred,
in the county of Derbyshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Leofnoth brother of Leofric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Ralph son of Hubert
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Raynouard (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 6 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £6 in 1066; £2 10/- in 1086
- Households: 10 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 freeman; 1 tributarie
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 4 men's ploughs (8 plough lands)
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Woodland: 1 league
- Mills: 1, value 4 shillings