We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Oaks is a hamlet in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Longden
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°38'12"N 2°51'12"W
- Eastings/Northings: 342340, 304693
- OS Grid: SJ423046
- Mapcode Local: GBR BD.6VKT
- Mapcode Global: WH8BZ.4ZGC
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Oaks within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Oaks in the Domesday Book
A village in Condover hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Ernwy of Pontesbury
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Robert son of Corbet
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert son of Corbet
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; 10 shillings in 1070; 8 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 1 smallholder; 2 slaves; 1 rider
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (5 1⁄2 plough lands)