We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Nettlecombe is a village in Dorset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Powerstock
- District/Borough: West Dorset
- County: Dorset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°45'27"N 2°41'3"W
- Eastings/Northings: 351821, 95555
- OS Grid: SY518955
- Mapcode Local: GBR PR.8M0J
- Mapcode Global: FRA 5782.N0T
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Nettlecombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Nettlecombe in the Domesday Book
A village in Eggardon hundred,
in the county of Dorset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Cerne St Peter
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Cerne
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Cerne; 1 man-at-arms (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 7 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £12 in 1070; £10 15/- in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 2 slaves; 7 other households
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 1 mixed measure
- Pasture: 1 mixed measure
- Animals in 1086: 5 goats