We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Netley is a village in Hampshire
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Netley
- Parish/Community: Hound
- District/Borough: Eastleigh
- County: Hampshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°52'24"N 1°21'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 445685, 108412
- OS Grid: SU456084
- Mapcode Local: GBR 88B.0ZJ
- Mapcode Global: FRA 861S.R1F
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Netley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Netley in the Domesday Book
A village in Mansbridge hundred,
in the county of Hampshire.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alward
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Richard Poynant
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard Poynant
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1066; £2 in 1070; £5 in 1086
- Households: 9 villagers; 2 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 4 acres
- Woodland: 40 swine render
- Churches: 1