We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Moddershall is a village in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Stone Rural
- District/Borough: Stafford
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°55'41"N 2°6'40"W
- Eastings/Northings: 392627, 336754
- OS Grid: SJ926367
- Mapcode Local: GBR 26Q.F2C
- Mapcode Global: WHBD7.JNXJ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Moddershall within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Moddershall in the Domesday Book
A village in Pirehill hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godiva of Madeley
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: William Pandolf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 men's plough (5 plough lands)
- Meadow: 3 acres
- Woodland: 1⁄2 league