We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Melcombe is a settlement in Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: North Petherton
- District/Borough: Sedgemoor
- County: Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°5'46"N 3°1'20"W
- Eastings/Northings: 328500, 133500
- OS Grid: ST285335
- Mapcode Local: GBR M4.CB3D
- Mapcode Global: FRA 46K7.2BQ
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Melcombe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Melcombe in the Domesday Book
A village in North Petherton hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Saeric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Robert of Auberville
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Robert of Auberville
- Taxable Value: 3⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 15/- in 1070; £2 15/- in 1086
- Households: 10 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 1⁄2 lord's ploughs (1 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Woodland: 10 acres
- Mills: 1, value 1 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 3 cows