We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Meddon is a hamlet in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Hartland
- District/Borough: Torridge
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°56'2"N 4°27'11"W
- Eastings/Northings: 227718, 117828
- OS Grid: SS277178
- Mapcode Local: GBR K6.PFP7
- Mapcode Global: FRA 16KM.WD5
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Meddon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Meddon in the Domesday Book
A village in Hartland hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Asgot of Welcombe
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Asgot of Welcombe
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Asgot of Welcombe
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (2 1⁄2 plough lands)
- Meadow: 60 acres
- Woodland: 2 furlongs
- Pasture: 8 acres
- Animals in 1086: 7 cattle