We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Lindsey is a hamlet in Suffolk
Other current and historical names
- Rose Green
- Parish/Community: Lindsey
- District/Borough: Babergh
- County: Suffolk
- Region: Eastern
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°4'4"N 0°53'0"E
- Eastings/Northings: 597743, 244982
- OS Grid: TL977449
- Mapcode Local: GBR SL0.879
- Mapcode Global: VHKF6.89G2
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Lindsey within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Lindsey in the Domesday Book
A village in Cosford hundred,
in the county of Suffolk.
Two manors recorded in Domesday.
- Overlord in 1066: Abbey of Bury St Edmunds
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Free men, twenty
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Bury St Edmunds
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Abbey of Bury St Edmunds
- Taxable Value: 1 5⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 16 smallholders; 2 slaves
- Plough Teams: 5 men's ploughs
- Churches: 1
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Free men, six
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Richard son of Count Gilbert
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard son of Count Gilbert
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1086
- Households: 6 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 2 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 2 acres