We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Liddaton is a settlement in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Brentor
- District/Borough: West Devon
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°37'18"N 4°11'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 245500, 82500
- OS Grid: SX455825
- Mapcode Local: GBR NT.B4S1
- Mapcode Global: FRA 273F.K6L
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Liddaton within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Liddaton in the Domesday Book
A village in Lifton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Abbey of Tavistock St Mary & St Rumon
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Abbey of Tavistock
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Geoffrey (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1070; £1 10/- in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 2 smallholders; 3 slaves
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Woodland: 12 acres
- Pasture: 80 acres
- Animals in 1086: 24 cattle; 10 pigs; 50 goats