We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Levedale is a hamlet in Staffordshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Penkridge
- District/Borough: South Staffordshire
- County: Staffordshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°44'41"N 2°9'1"W
- Eastings/Northings: 389952, 316357
- OS Grid: SJ899163
- Mapcode Local: GBR 17G.WQP
- Mapcode Global: WHBF5.Y86L
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Levedale within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Levedale in the Domesday Book
A village in Cuttlestone hundred,
in the county of Staffordshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Free men, three
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Robert of Stafford
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Drogo of Whitley (subinfeudated); Brian of Rauceby (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 5 villagers; 2 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 3 men's ploughs (7 plough lands)
- Meadow: 2 acres