We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Leesthorpe is a settlement in Leicestershire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Somerby
- District/Borough: Melton
- County: Leicestershire
- Region: East Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°42'53"N 0°49'49"W
- Eastings/Northings: 479111, 313651
- OS Grid: SK791136
- Mapcode Local: GBR CQW.T1C
- Mapcode Global: WHFKF.61W4
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Leesthorpe within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Leesthorpe in the Domesday Book
A village in Gartree hundred,
in the county of Leicestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Ordmer
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Geoffrey of la Guerche
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Buter of Pickwell (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 14 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1070; £4 in 1086
- Households: 7 villagers; 9 smallholders; 26 freemen; 14 slaves; 1 priest
- Plough Teams: 4 lord's ploughs; 13 men's ploughs (10 plough lands)
- Meadow: 50 acres
- Mills: 1, value 2½d