Leegomery, Telford and Wrekin
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Leegomery is a suburban area in Telford, Telford and Wrekin
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Telford
- Parish/Community: Hadley & Leegomery
- Unitary Authority: Telford and Wrekin
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°42'35"N 2°30'12"W
- Eastings/Northings: 366085, 312598
- OS Grid: SJ660125
- Mapcode Local: GBR BV.2BDX
- Mapcode Global: WH9D2.J43S
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Leegomery within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Leegomery in the Domesday Book
A village in Wrockwardine hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thorth of Wroxeter
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Reginald the sheriff
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Thorth of Wroxeter (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; 15 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 3 slaves; 2 female slaves; 4 riders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 2 men's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Woodland: 2 leagues