We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Langney is a suburban area in Eastbourne, East Sussex
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Eastbourne
- Parish/Community: Eastbourne, unparished area
- District/Borough: Eastbourne
- County: East Sussex
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Suburban Area
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°48'2"N 0°18'35"E
- Eastings/Northings: 562874, 102664
- OS Grid: TQ628026
- Mapcode Local: GBR NW7.M68
- Mapcode Global: FRA C6JZ.BLF
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Langney within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Langney in the Domesday Book
A village in Pevensey hundred,
in the county of Sussex.
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Brictstan; Alfheah; Lemar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lords of the Manor in 1086: Ranulf (subinfeudated); William of Keynes (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 16/7¼ in 1066; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 smallholders