We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Kingsnordley is a settlement in Shropshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Alveley
- Unitary Authority: Shropshire
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°29'5"N 2°19'57"W
- Eastings/Northings: 377500, 287500
- OS Grid: SO775875
- Mapcode Local: GBR 095.5AT
- Mapcode Global: VH916.JS4X
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Kingsnordley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Kingsnordley in the Domesday Book
A village in Seisdon hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Earl Algar
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Earl Roger of Shrewsbury
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £8 in 1066; £4 in 1086
- Households: 7 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 3 lord's ploughs; 5 men's ploughs (12 plough lands)
- Woodland: 1 1⁄2 leagues
- Mills: 1, value 2 shillings