We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hurtmore is a village in Godalming, Surrey
Other current and historical names
- Built-Up Area: Godalming
- Parish/Community: Compton
- District/Borough: Guildford
- County: Surrey
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°12'9"N 0°38'7"W
- Eastings/Northings: 495439, 145719
- OS Grid: SU954457
- Mapcode Local: GBR FCV.G69
- Mapcode Global: VHFVS.X1ZB
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hurtmore within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hurtmore in the Domesday Book
A village in Godalming hundred,
in the county of Surrey.
- Overlord in 1066: King Edward
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Alwin
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Walter son of Other
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Tezelin (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 15 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 10/- in 1066; £1 10/- in 1070; £5 in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers; 2 cottagers
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 1 1⁄2 men's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 6 acres
- Mills: 1, value 11 shillings