Howle, Telford and Wrekin
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Howle is a settlement in Telford and Wrekin
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Chetwynd
- Unitary Authority: Telford and Wrekin
- Region: West Midlands
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Other Settlement
- Latitude/Longitude: 52°48'29"N 2°27'13"W
- Eastings/Northings: 369500, 323500
- OS Grid: SJ695235
- Mapcode Local: GBR 7W.W4FY
- Mapcode Global: WH9CJ.8PQ1
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Howle within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Howle in the Domesday Book
A village in Wrockwardine hundred,
in the county of Shropshire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Batsveinn
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Turold of Verley
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 in 1066; 16 shillings in 1086
- Households: 4 ploughmen
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (5 plough lands)
- Mills: 1, value 5/2½