We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hollingdon is a hamlet in Buckinghamshire
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Soulbury
- District/Borough: Aylesbury Vale
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Region: South East
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Hamlet
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°56'19"N 0°44'8"W
- Eastings/Northings: 487016, 227454
- OS Grid: SP870274
- Mapcode Local: GBR D1H.DTB
- Mapcode Global: VHDTM.6JGK
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hollingdon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hollingdon in the Domesday Book
A village in Cottesloe hundred,
in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Three manors recorded in Domesday.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Thorkil the Dane
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Countess Judith
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Thorkil the Dane (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 7⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £1 10/- in 1066; £1 in 1070; £1 in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 3 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1 lord's plough; 1 men's plough (2 plough lands)
- Overlords in 1066: Brictric of Waddesdon; Wicga
- Lords of the Manor in 1066: Freemen, three; Freeman, one
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: William son of Ansculf
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Payne of Hoggeston (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 7⁄8 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1066; 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 3 villagers
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Miles Crispin
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Nigel (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1⁄4 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 4 shillings in 1066; 3 shillings in 1070; 3 shillings in 1086
- Households: 1 villager