We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hillesley is a village in Gloucestershire
- Built-Up Area: Hillesley
- Parish/Community: Hillesley and Tresham
- District/Borough: Stroud
- County: Gloucestershire
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°36'17"N 2°20'5"W
- Eastings/Northings: 376913, 189609
- OS Grid: ST769896
- Mapcode Local: GBR 0MT.BK8
- Mapcode Global: VH95G.HX1M
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hillesley within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hillesley in the Domesday Book
A village in Grimboldestou hundred,
in the county of Gloucestershire.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Aelfric
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Turstin son of Rolf
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Bernard Pancevolt (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £2 in 1066; £3 in 1086
- Households: 2.5 villagers; 7 smallholders; 8 slaves
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs; 2 men's ploughs
- Meadow: 8 acres
- Mills: 3, value 18 shillings