We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Hemerdon is a village in Devon
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Sparkwell
- District/Borough: South Hams
- County: Devon
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 50°23'58"N 4°1'22"W
- Eastings/Northings: 256335, 57476
- OS Grid: SX563574
- Mapcode Local: GBR Q1.ZBHX
- Mapcode Global: FRA 27GZ.W1H
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Hemerdon within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Hemerdon in the Domesday Book
A village in Plympton hundred,
in the county of Devon.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Goda
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Roald Dubbed
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Walter (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 1 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: 10 shillings in 1070; 10 shillings in 1086
- Households: 2 villagers; 2 smallholders
- Plough Teams: 1⁄2 men's plough (4 plough lands)
- Pasture: 60 acres